Wednesday 23 November 2022

New Premises for St Neots Clients!


 Announcing the opening of my new counselling premises in Eaton Socon, providing a local, in-person service for people in St Neots, Cambridgeshire and the surrounding towns and villages. 

My office can be found within the Realfit Centre gym, next door to Bill's Boxing Gym and Peppercorns Academy of Music & Theatre. We have ample, free parking and sessions can be booked most Mondays to Thursdays, days and evenings. 

To book your counselling session (including an initial free, 20-minute phone call), please contact:

Anna Hayward
Not Like the Others Counselling & Training,
c/o Realfit Centre
Unit 2, 19 Little End Road,
Eaton Socon,
St Neots, Cambs.
PE19 8JH

Text: 07535 211066
Email: aeh323@gmail.com

Or find me on my website at: https://www.notliketheothers.co.uk

Creating my counselling space

I am a member of Realfit gym myself, and for the last few months, have regularly walked past the little used office that is now my counselling room. Having worked mostly online now for almost 3 years, I decided now was the time to take the plunge and find a physical premises. Online is OK, but many of my clients, especially locally, would like to see their counsellor face-to-face.

Every time I saw that room, I'd say, 'What a shame. It would be a perfect counselling room'. I even joked about moving in there and setting up shop, when they weren't looking!

In the end, I thought I should stop joking and just go for what I wanted, so I arranged a meeting with the proprietor, K... only to go down with Covid for two weeks!

So it was, that a couple of weeks later, and still coughing from the after-effects of Covid (but blissfully negative), I finally had the meeting we'd planned, and K gave me his blessing to go ahead. 

I've had a lot of fun in these last few weeks getting furnishings, pictures and creating a welcoming environment for my clients, and a comfortable place for me to work. B&M just over the road proved a useful resource, as did the wonders of my own over-cluttered house.  Gradually, things came together and now all the room needs is a sign on the door! 

I am really proud to work in the Realfit Centre. Regards physical health, they have that 'can do' attitude that everyone (even someone as unfit as myself) can improve their fitness. For a person who loathed PE lessons as a child, I have found myself remarkably comfortable and at-ease with their personal trainers and coaches.  Despite the recent bout of Covid, I am much fitter and healthier than I was. They do not judge, they just encourage. 

And that's what I hope to do in my counselling work - help people feel at ease with themselves, not judged, just encouraged, however they present themselves. 

If you want to know more about Realfit Centre itself (as opposed to my little corner of it), please follow this link. Realfit offer a week's free trial which is a brilliant deal. 

Realfit St Neots (realfitcentre.co.uk)


No comments:

Post a Comment